TAGAMOTO ~ Code The Road
From the Makers of HEXBUG
When I first got the Tagamoto Code the Road ~ City Road Set I was instantly drawn to the graphics on the box. They did an excellent job making it look exciting, fun and interactive.
I asked a couple of the younger boys in my family if they wanted to see what this new toy was all about. Of course they said yes. Even a couple of the dads had to check it out as well. The pieces that came in the Tagamoto Code the Road Set are made of very sturdy plastic. I know this because the boys were crawling all over the track while putting it together and all I kept thinking was I hope they don't snap the track. But I let them continue without saying anything because that is normal play for boys. The track and all the pieces withstood the weight of the boys playing with (and on) and around the track with no problems at all. Always a bonus.
We then continued on to the instructions which are well written and easy to understand. The Tagamoto Code the Road Set came with sheets of sticker codes that you place on the track at different intervals. Depending on what your code does, from speeding up, slowing down, breaking down, tune up, lights, sounds etc. the Tagamoto Code the Road Lights Action Vehicles will then read the code and react as they drive over.
You can even set a code for the cars to crash and collide. However I did notice, if there is not a code for the Tagamoto Code the Road Lights Action Vehicles to respond to, when two vehicles reach the intersection at the same time one will stop and let the other pass.
The Tagamoto Code the Road Lights Action Vehicles travel along the track with ease and if they do crash, or run into the side rails they will automatically correct themselves and continue along the track.
The absolute best feature (in my opinion) of the Tagamoto Code the Road Set , is that the stickers codes are removable! You can code your road the way you want. When you are done, you can remove them and place the code somewhere else. This feature makes it more than just one track, since the pieces are also interchangeable and you can add on to them with other Tagamoto Sets, you may want them to stop at different places. Simply peel the sticker off, and place it somewhere new. The Tagamoto Vehicles will automatically follow the new track, because it reads the codes as it drives over them. You can change and rearrange as many times as you want, for a new track everyday!
If you have a son who loves cars and vehicle sets this is a must have toy! The Tagamoto has working headlights, tail lights, and will even play music when coded to play radio. The boys and their dads as well as some of us girls thoroughly enjoyed playing and creating different layouts with our Tagamoto track.
Check out the Tagamoto 15 Second Commercial to see it in action!!
Tagamoto became available this fall exclusively at Target Stores Nationwide!!
New Tagamoto motorized vehicles and road sets available this Fall at Target include:
- Tagamoto Vehicle with Lights (MSRP $5.99): Includes 12 collectible vehicles with working headlights and taillights that react to codes on the road. Each sold separately. CPSIA approved for kids ages 4 and up.
- Tagamoto Vehicle with Lights & Sounds (MSRP $7.99): Includes 8 collectible vehicles with working headlights and taillights, and more than 15 different sounds that react to codes on the road, including engine revving, car horn and sirens. Each sold separately. CPSIA approved for kids ages 4 and up.
- Tagamoto Road Set (MSRP $14.99): Includes one collectible lights & sounds vehicle that reacts to codes on the road, more than 10 bar-codes, and over 20 easy-to-connect pieces, including – one straight, four curves, one cul-de-sac, one three-way tee base, four street lights, one overhead road sign, three road cones or barrels, three street signs, one flip-down diverter, and either one stop sign or one toll booth accessory. Two collectible road sets available. CPSIA approved for kids ages 4 and up.
- Tagamoto City Road Set (MSRP $19.99): Includes one collectible lights & sounds vehicle that reacts to codes on the road, more than 20 bar-codes, and over 40 easy-to-connect pieces, including – two straights, two four-way intersections, seven curves, one cul-de-sac, one three-way tee base, one road closed piece, six street lights, one double overhead road sign, two single overhead road signs, three road cones, three road barrels, six street signs, one flip down diverter, and either one stop sign or one toll booth accessory. Two collectible city road sets are available. CPSIA approved for kids ages 4 and up.
- Tagamoto Enforcer Road Set (MSRP $29.99): Includes two collectible lights & sounds vehicles (one racer and one police car), more than 30 bar-codes, and more than 65 easy to connect pieces – three straight tracks, three four-way intersections, eight curve tracks, two cul-de-sacs, two three-way tee bases, two road closed pieces, eight street lights, two double overhead road signs, four single overhead street signs, six road cones, six road barrels, 12 street signs, two parking diverters, one parking lot, one stop sign, one toll booth, and two flip down diverters. CPSIA approved for kids ages 4 and up.
- Tagamoto Battery 2-Pak (MSRP $4.99): Includes two AG13/LR44 replacement batteries for Tagamoto Motorized Vehicles.
About Innovation First International:
Innovation First International was founded on the belief that innovation very early in the design process is necessary to produce simple and elegant product designs. Innovation First International’s three main subsidiaries, VEX Robotics, Inc., Innovation First Labs, Inc. (makers of HEXBUG® Micro Robotic Creatures), and RackSolutions, Inc. span the education, consumer and business-to-business markets. For more information visit www.tagamoto.com.
*** This is a Sponsored/Compensated post written by me. All opinions are my own.